||WOMEN'S HEALTH CLASSIC JUNIOR CHALLENGE
Welcome to the 2018 LPGA Symetra Tour Women's Health Classic Junior Challenge presented by the Self Regional Healthcare Foundation. We are excited to bring this new opportunity to
the members of the PKBGT to experience world class competition on the LPGA Symetra Tour! The Challenge champion will receive a sponsor exemption into the Self Regional Women's Health Classic
on May 10-13, 2018 at the Links at Stoney Point.
The Junior Challenge will consist of 7 events between January 21 - April 2, 2017 and be operated by the Peggy Kirk Bell Girls' Golf Tour.
The first 6 pre-qualifying events will be open to any PKBGT member and will qualify players for the Junior Challenge Qualifier on March 24-25, 2018 at the Links at Stoney Point. The champion of this
qualifier will receive the sponsor exemption* (qualifying player must have a USGA handicap index of 3.7 or better to be granted the exemption).
Junior Challenge Symetra Tour Qualifier Criteria:
- EVENT DATE: Saturday-Sunday, March 24-25, 2018
- PLAYER ELIGIBILITY:
- Player must be a member of the 2018 PKBGT, ages 11 - 18
- Player must participate in at least 2 Junior Challenge Pre-Qualification Series events
- To receive the Symetra Tour Sponsor Exemption, player must have a verifiable USGA handicap index of 3.7 or better.
- QUALIFIER FIELD:
30 players will qualify for the final event which will be contested in the PKBGT Bell National & Prep Preview Series and will include the following participants:
- Category 1: Top 29 players from the Junior Challenge Points Standings who have competed in a minimum of 2 Junior Challenge Pre-Qualification Series events
- Category 2: 1 sponsor exemption
- Should any of these players decline their invitation, additional players from Category 1 will be chosen to participate
- Qualification Criteria Subject to Change Prior to the Start of the Pre-Qualification Process
- AWARDS & EXEMPTION:
- Awards will be presented to the Top 6 players
- The event champion will qualify for the LPGA Symetra Tour Women's Health Classic* (qualifying player must have a USGA handicap index of 3.7 or better to be granted the exemption)
- EVENT QUICK LINKS:
Junior Challenge Pre-Qualification Series:
- EVENT DATES: January 20th - March 11th, 2018
- PLAYER ELIGIBILITY: Player must be a member of the 2018 PKBGT, ages 11 - 18. Individual pre-qualification events may utilize PKBGT Priority Based Entry. All players
participating in the Bell National or Prep Preview Series in Pre-Qualifying events are ranked together for points on the Junior Challenge Points Standings.
- PRE-QUALIFYING FIELD SIZES:
- Event #1 - Georgia Southern U. GC - 42 players (Bell Series)
- Event #2 - Country Club of North Carolina (Cardinal) - 42 players (Bell Series)
- Event #3 - Clemson U. Walker GC - 60 players (Bell & Prep Preview Series Combined)
- Event #4 - U. of Georgia Athens GC - 60 players (Bell & Prep Preview Series Combined)
- Event #5 - USC Cobblestone Park GC - 60 players (Bell & Prep Preview Series Combined)
- Event #6 - UNC Chapel Hill Finley GC - 66 players (Bell & Prep Preview Series Combined)
- Should an event be cancelled, players who are registered for the event will be credited with an event played but will receive no points towards the Junior Challenge Points Standings.
Junior Challenge Points Standings:
- 2018 Junior Challenge Points Standings Lists
- HOW TO EARN POINTS: Players will earn points based on their finish in each pre-qualification event based on the following:
- Event Champion - 10 points
- Top 25% of field - 8 points each per event
- 2nd 25% of field - 4 points each
- 3rd 25% of field - 2 points each
- Bottom 25% of field - 1 point each
- TIE BREAKING PROCEDURES: If there is a tie in points for the last remaining spots in the qualifier field, the tie will be broken based on the following:
- Average points earned per event during the Pre-Qualifiation events
- Top finish in a Pre-Qualifiation event
- PKBGT Performance Index ranking as of March 13, 2018
- 2017 EVENT RECAP: Lauren Freyvogel (2019, Pittsburgh, PA) earned the invitation into the 2017 Self Regional Healthcare Women's Health Classic. Lauren fired
rounds of 70 - 77 - 147 to win the Women's Health Classic Junior Challenge Qualifier by 4 shots.
- Read the 2017 Recap Article
- Women's Health Classic Junior Challenge Qualifier Leaderboard
- 2017 Self Regional Healthcare Women's Health Classic Leaderboard
- 2017 Junior Challenge Final Points Standings Lists