||WOMEN'S HEALTH CLASSIC JUNIOR CHALLENGE
Welcome to the 2017 LPGA Symetra Tour Women's Health Classic Junior Challenge presented by the Self Regional Healthcare Foundation. We are excited to bring this new opportunity to
the members of the PKBGT to experience world class competition on the LPGA Symetra Tour! The Challenge champion will receive a sponsor exemption into the Self Regional Women's Health Classic
on May 11-14 2017 at the Links at Stoney Point.
The Junior Challenge will consist of 7 events between January 21 – April 2, 2017 and be operated by the Peggy Kirk Bell Girls’ Golf Tour.
The first 6 pre-qualifying events will be open to any PKBGT member and will qualify players for the Junior Challenge Qualifier on April 1-2, 2017 at the Links at Stoney Point. The champion of this
qualifier will receive the sponsor exemption* (qualifying player must have a USGA handicap index of 3.7 or better to be granted the exemption).
Junior Challenge Symetra Tour Qualifier Criteria:
- EVENT DATE: Saturday-Sunday, April 1-2, 2017
- PLAYER ELIGIBILITY:
- Player must be a member of the 2017 PKBGT, ages 11 – 18
- Player must participate in at least 2 Junior Challenge Pre-Qualification Series events
- To receive the Symetra Tour Sponsor Exemption, player must have a verifiable USGA handicap index of 3.7 or better.
- QUALIFIER FIELD:
30 players will qualify for the final event which will be contested in the PKBGT Bell Series and will include the following participants:
- Category 1: Top 29 players from the Junior Challenge Points Standings who have competed in a minimum of 2 Junior Challenge Pre-Qualification Series events
- Category 2: 1 sponsor exemption
- Should any of these players decline their invitation, additional players from Category 1 will be chosen to participate
- AWARDS & EXEMPTION:
- Awards will be presented to the Top 6 players
- The event champion will qualify for the LPGA Symetra Tour Women's Health Classic* (qualifying player must have a USGA handicap index of 3.7 or better to be granted the exemption)
- EVENT QUICK LINKS:
Junior Challenge Pre-Qualification Series:
- EVENT DATES: January 21st - March 19th, 2017
- PLAYER ELIGIBILITY: Player must be a member of the 2017 PKBGT, ages 11 – 18. Individual pre-qualification events may utilize PKBGT Priority Based Entry. All players
participating in the Bell or Prep Series in Pre-Qualifying events are ranked together for points on the Junior Challenge Points Standings.
- PRE-QUALIFYING FIELD SIZES:
- Event #1 - Georgia Southern U. GC - 36 players (Bell Series)
- Event #2 - Mid Pines Inn & GC - 36 players (Bell Series)
- Event #3 - U. of Georgia Athens GC - 42 players (Bell Series)
- Event #4 - Clemson U. Walker GC - 54 players (Bell & Prep Series Combined)
- Event #5 - UNC Chapel Hill Finley GC - 60 players (Bell & Prep Series Combined)
- Event #6 - USC Cobblestone Park GC - 60 players (Bell & Prep Series Combined)
- Should an event be cancelled, players who are registered for the event will be credited with an event played but will receive no points towards the Junior Challenge Points Standings.
2018 WHC JUNIOR CHALLENGE EVENTS
Junior Challenge Points Standings:
- Current Junior Challenge Points Standings Lists
- HOW TO EARN POINTS: Players will earn points based on their finish in each pre-qualification event based on the following:
- Event Champion - 10 points
- Top 25% of field - 8 points each per event
- 2nd 25% of field - 4 points each
- 3rd 25% of field - 2 points each
- Bottom 25% of field - 1 point each
- TIE BREAKING PROCEDURES: If there is a tie in points for the last remaining spots in the qualifier field, the tie will be broken based on the following:
- Average points earned per event during the Pre-Qualifiation events
- Top finish in a Pre-Qualifiation event
- PKBGT Performance Index ranking as of March 21, 2017