We are excited to announce our scholarship grant program in partnership with Orange Whip Golf
to provide players with financial need assistance in playing in more competitions. This program is a need-based grant program.
There is a finite amount of dollars allocated for this grant so there is no guarantee of receipt of this grant upon application.
Learn more about the opportunity below:
Who can apply for a grant?
- Applicant must be an active PKBGT member
- Applicant must be a U.S. Citizen
- Applicant must be planning to attend college, regardless of financial situation
- Applicant must demonstrate significant financial need by providing:
- Statement of Financial Need
- Player Statement of Grant Impact on Golfing Goals
How much is a grant worth?
- The value of the voucher is up to $500 per year and covers tournament entry fees up to 50% of total fee, including all one and multi-day events up to $500 per season for National Members & $250 for
- Number and value of grants given are subject to change and will be determined on the amount of applications submitted and dollars available in the scholarship fund. There is no guarantee of a grant award.
- Applicants may only apply for one grant per year. Preference will be shown to new applicants versus past applicants.
- If applicant buys membership and is not chosen for the grant, membership fee will be fully refunded (if applicant chooses to withdraw membership).
- Acceptance into the I.D.A. Grant Program does not guarantee entry into any PKBGT fields. Some national events have PKBGT Priority Based Entry for which entry policies apply.
How do I apply for a grant?
** Players must submit form prior to registering for the events **
- Complete the Online Grant Application by the designated quarterly deadline for submissions:
- June 1st
- September 1st
- December 1st
- March 1st
- Applicants must identify which tournaments they wish to be reimbursed for at the time of submission.
- PKBGT Scholarship Committee will make final determination if grant is awarded by the 15th of the month at the start of each quarter.
- Once approved for a grant, grantees will be given a special code to use when registering for approved tournaments.
ABOUT OUR PARTNER ORANGE WHIP GOLF
With the battle cry, "You Gotta Feel It", Orange Whip has developed a line of simple, intuitive and effective golf training aids that make golfers better.
Products include the Orange Whip Trainer, a swing trainer and fitness tool that uses a flexible shaft and counterweighted system to improve rhythm, balance,
flexibility and power. The Trainer comes in four sizes to fit all golfers. The Orange Peel balance and rotation platform centers a player's core and trains proper weight
transfer and can simulate uneven golf course lies. The newest products involve the short game. The Orange Whip Wedge and Putter develop rhythm, tempo, and
coordination to help you shave off those most important shots around the green.
The Orange Whip, https://orangewhipgolf.com/, was voted the #1 Teaching & Training Aid by PGA
and LPGA Professionals and is used by over 300 Tour Pros around the world. Contact Orange Whip at email@example.com or 864-552-1620.