- To ensure the future of the game by providing a “Girls Only Tour” that will actively increase participation and interest in girl’s golf
- To provide a venue for aspiring collegiate golfers in the Carolina’s and beyond to develop, compete and be recognized
- To provide affordable, top-level tournament competition
The non-profit Triad Youth Golf Foundation directs the PKBGT. The Foundation will provide financial and logistical support to the Tour and work with community and regional leaders to promote girls golf in the Carolina’s.
The mission of T.Y.G.F. is to provide cost-conscious access to golf with a specific focus on girl’s golf development through the LPGA-USGA Girls Golf programs of Greensboro & Winston-Salem.
2013 will be the 7th season of the Tour which has experienced unprecedented growth in its first six seasons.
Participation on the tour has grown to over 450 members with our events regularly featuring 60 - 90 girls.
The 2013 Tour will feature 18, 36 & a 54-hole tournaments and is open to girls 12-18 with two
divisions based on yardages, the collegiate-prep Bell Division and the high school
developmental Futures Division. In addition, the Tour will also feature a
Order of Merit Standings which will gauge each player's
PKB Tour Standing.
Players will have the opportunity to earn rankings points and tournament exemptions including:
(Click Here to learn which tournaments are eligible)
The Peggy Kirk Bell Tour is open to juniors 12 - 18 who have yet to enroll in college.
An 11 year old player who turns 12 during the calendar year of the current tour season is eligible to participate for the entire season schedule.
Two divisions are available to compete in with specific goals to each division:
BELL DIVISION - Elite division for girls preparing for collegiate golf
- Yardages: 5,800 – 6,200 yards
- Scoring Requirement:
Players must prove the continued ability to score 85 or better from Red tees in tournament play. Players wishing to
play in this division will be required to submit a tournament resume when registering for your first event. Players may gain entry to the
Bell Division thru wins & scores in the Futures Division in a Tour season. Decisions will be made by the Tour committee to determine
- Eligible for:
- Season-long Bell Division Order of Merit Standings
- Golfweek Ranking points at select 36 & 54-hole events
- AJGA Performance Based Entry Performance Stars at all multi-round events & Majors
- Jr Golf Scoreboard Ranking points at all 36-hole & 54-hole events
- Joe Cheves Invitation for winning a Major title.
- TYGA State Ranking Points at all events (multiplier varies by event)
- SCJGA State Ranking Points at all events (multiplier varies by event)
FUTURES DIVISION - Tournament division for girls playing in and preparing for high school golf
- All 2-day events are ranked and played under strict USGA Rules.
- All 1-day events are player under Modified Rules including Double-Par.
- Yardages: 5,100 –5,400 yards
- Scoring Requirement:
Players are expected to be able to score 110 or better from Red tees
- Eligible for:
- Season-long Futures Division Order of Merit Standings
- Jr Golf Scoreboard Ranking points at all 36-hole events
- AJGA Performance Based Entry Performance Star at all multi-round events & Majors
The Peggy Kirk Bell Tour staff is a collection of golf professionals who enjoy helping junior golfers move their game to the next level. We will assist the girls to achieve their aspirations and goals.
TOUR DIRECTOR - Mike Parker
Entering his 7th season with the PKBGT as Tour Director, Mike brings over 10 years tournament
operation experience. Mike is the Executive Director of the Triad Youth Golf Foundation, the tours operator, and also oversees the
annual Precision Golf Junior Championships, the J.P. Looney's Parent-Child Golf Tour and was a Site Director for the U.S. Kid's World Championships
for five years. Mike is responsible for the Tour's policies, operation, development, marketing, and web site.
TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR - Anne Wooton
Anne brings her passion and energy for the game of golf to the youth of the Carolina's.
As a 4 year Golf Academic All-American at Trinity University, Anne brings a wealth of competitive tournament experience
to the Tour.
LEAD RULES OFFICIAL - Bob Liu
TOURNAMENT ASSISTANT - Sara Hunt
TOUR FOUNDER - Robert Linville
A Carolina’s Teacher of the Year and Two-time Division III National Coach of the Year, Robert brings
over 29 years of professional golf experience to the Tour. As Founder and the Director of Instruction for Robert
Linville’s Precision Golf School & the Co-Founder of the Triad Youth Golf Foundation, Robert continues
to be a leader in junior golf development in the Carolina’s.
TYGF PRESIDENT - Chris Haarlow
Class A PGA Instructor Chris Haarlow is the President of TYGF, the non-profit foundation he and Robert founded in 1999.
Chris also is the Director Instructor and Director of Junior Programming for Precision Golf School. In recognition of his
work with the Award Winning Precision Golf Junior Academy, Chris was named a Top-50 MASTER Kids Teacher in America by
US Kids Golf Inc. in its inaugural class.